Here's an exceptionally cool design from the CLF Research branch of G&L Guitars, based in Fullerton, California. This model is a cool twist between multiple models, featuring aspects of your favorite vintage models, as well as some signature design aspects only attributed to Leo Fender's G&L models of the late 70's and 80's.
This instrument features an Alder Body, Sonic Blue finish, Maple neck and fretboard, Saddle-lock bridge (Fixed), medium jumbo frets and of course, the VERY COOL MFD Split Coil Espada pickups. The Espada model also features a neat control set; a 3-position toggle selector with volume, treble, and bass controls along with a Tri-Tone Active / Passive system that allows for a smorgasbord of rich and jangly tones.
- Beautifully imagined solidbody electric designed by a legendary luthier
- Lightweight, resonant swamp ash body with a beautifully playable and responsive Caribbean rosewood fingerboard
- Saddle Lock Bridge transfers guitar's string energy directly into the wood
- Duo of long-pole, split-coil prototype pickups updated with Leo's Magnetic Field Design delivers outstanding amplified tone
- Series/parallel switch lets you fatten and round the tone toward humbucker, or thin it out slightly to single-coil territory
- Modern G&L Micro Preamp can be dialed up via a mini-toggle switch
- Preamp lets you slice right through thick fuzz or put sparkling harmonics front and center
The photos in this listing are of the actual guitar listed for sale here in our store. We'll double-inspect, professionally pack with care, and ship this item within 1 business day, and most cases, the same day if the order is placed by 3pm EST.
G&L CLF RESEARCH ESPADA - Sunburst Used is in very good condition The headstock is clean with no damage. Nut is in good shape. Frets have minor play wear but no deep dings. The top of the body is clean with no dings or scratches, Back is in good shape no scratches to mention. Hardware is in good condition throughout the guitar. Electronics work as intended. Case included.